Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A Funny Thing Happened At The Bowling Alley...

First of all, you have to know that I'm constantly paranoid that I'm going to accidentally walk into the women's restroom. I don't know why. I'm observant enough to make sure I look for the "men" sign. I guess it's my memory I don't trust. I forget that I've looked for the sign. So I look for urinals. Once I see those, I'm golden (no pun intended).

Anyway, the other day I did exactly that. I checked the sign, walked into the men's restroom, checked to make sure there were urinals, and then went about my business.

So you can understand my confusion when, as I was washing my hands, a woman walked out of one of the other stalls. She stepped up to the sink... and we locked eyes. Something wasn't right.

"Did I walk into the wrong bathroom?" she asked.

"Apparently one of us did, " I said.

I don't know if she noticed this, but I immediately looked into the mirror to make sure the urinals I saw earlier were still there. They were.

"I must have done it," she said. Ahhh... confirmation. Without another word, she left.

It's amazing how, no matter how many times you check to make sure you're doing things right, one little inconsistency can send you second-guessing.

It's good to know that, if there's ever a women in the same restroom as me... chances are she's in the wrong place.

"As you read, remember... there is always another side..."

No comments:

Post a Comment